- 3 Texas Rio Red Grapefruit, sectioned & chopped
- 3 Texas Oranges, sectioned & chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons red onion, chopped
- 3 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- Crushed red pepper & salt to taste
- Baguette sliced & toasted
Heat butter in frying pan until foaming, add citrus and onion and toss until combined. Add salt and crushed red pepper to taste, cook for 2 minutes or to desired consistency. Top baguettes with grapefruit mixture and cheese and serve. Garnish with fresh herbs. Makes 8 servings.
Texas Rio Red Grapefruit Salsa
Try this tangy salsa on grilled chicken or fish.
- 2 Texas Rio Red Grapefruit
- 1 medium tomato, chopped fine
- 1 c. diced green, red, and yellow bell pepper
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 3 T. chopped red onion
- 1 T. chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt to taste
Remove the skin, seeds, and membrane from the grapefruit and dice the sections. Combine with the other ingedients in a medium bowl and mix well. Allow to mellow for half an hour in the refrigerator for the flavors to combine. Makes 2 cups.